Frequently Asked Questions and stuff that's useful to know
About the location
- Are there any ATM's nearby?
- Yes, the bus stop nearby is located at a square with 4-5 different cash dispensers.
- Are there any shops nearby?
- Yes, although unfortunately it's not open non-stop. On the other hand, the terminal stop of the suburban train (HÉV) is right next to a freshly built TESCO.
- Is there any parking space around?
- Sure, the space in front of the place and the little street right next to it (Erzsébet utca) is freely available for parking
- How well do Hungarian shops accept euro?
- Fairly rarely. Larger malls and supermarkets usually do, but smaller shops most likely won't, so changing your currency is advised.
- Is Hungary a member of EU/Schengen?
- As of 21 December 2007, Hungary is a member of both the European Union and Schengen, so technically, if you're also a citizen of an EU/Schengen country, a passport is not required to enter the country anymore.
- How cheap is food in Hungary?
- Compared to a "western" budget, quite cheap. For comparison: a bottle of beer is around half a euro, a burger is generally around one euro, and pizzas can range from 4 to 6 euros.
- I can only book my flight for the day before and/or after, but I don't want to go to a hotel... Can I find a place to crash?
- Likely, but you must contact us in time beforehand!
Got another question?